Body of missing Minnesota man identified

DAYTON, Ohio — A body found in the home of a peace activist has been identified as a Minnesota man reported missing in July, authorities said.The body of Daniel Rodney Everson, 43, of Litchfield, Minn., was identified Wednesday by the Montgomery County coroner. The cause of death had not been determined, but the death was being investigated as a homicide, said coroner’s investigator Harry Brown.Police said they found Everson’s body about 3 p.m. Tuesday in the home of local peace activist Matthew M. Caddy. Police were acting on a tip when they went to the home and found the body in the basement, police Sgt. Gary White said.White would not elaborate on a possible cause of death, but said he believed the man was killed in the house and the body probably had been there for days.Caddy, 52, was taken into custody for questioning when he returned to the residence shortly after Everson’s body was found. He was being held in the Montgomery County jail without bond, White said.Police investigators said they hoped to meet Thursday with the Montgomery County prosecutor to discuss possible charges.Caddy has one felony conviction in Ohio and one felony arrest outside the state, said White, who would not provide details.Police believe Caddy and the victim met through the Internet, but White wouldn’t provide specifics.”We’re pretty sure how they connected and how the victim got to Dayton,” he said.Police also searched two other addresses — one in Dayton and one outside Montgomery County, but in Ohio — that they believe were associated with Caddy, White said.Litchfield police Chief Bruce Dicke said Everson was reported missing July 28. Dicke would not say who filed the report.