Group pushes for off-campus order

Paint jobs, park benches and pool tables have helped make improvements for residents in dorms. University Hall Council works to make living situations more fun and homey. Some of these benefits can not be implemented for students in University-leased apartments.

A University Apartment Assoc-iation has been organized to create a forum for students in the apartments to voice their concerns about the buildings, to help create activities and raise awareness.

Hall Director, Sheila Coressel, said, “Because the University is leasing the four apartment buildings, they can not make facility improvements–like adding benches and sports equipment.”

Coressel wants to help provide an area to promote leadership skills and get students involved.

“Every resident in the four [apartment] buildings are members,” Coressel said. “They [student residents] make the decision to get involved.”

She said the organization should be a place to raise neighborly concerns and give feedback to the University.

Thus far, the apartments are only leased for this school year; therefore the Apartment Association will run according to University conditions.

Residents can talk to their Resident Advisors or contact Sheila at [email protected], to become an active member of the association and get involved to help create the best atmosphere for apartment residents.