New event scheduled during Homecoming

Would you like to shake your tailfeather? If you have good dance moves, you could win a trip to Las Vegas, Nevada or Orlando, Florida. Just come show your talent at the “Shake Yo Tail Feather Lip Sync Competition” during Homecoming week.

The competition takes place on Wednesday, October 13th at 8 p.m. in the Ballroom of the Student Union.

Students who attend or compete in the competition will earn “spirit points” for their organization. Also, there is a $1 admission fee per person, or you can bring one item for Coats For Kids, such as winter gloves, hats, or scarves.

Groups must be 15 people or less. You want to choose a fun song, but make sure that it is five minutes or less. The song can be mixed or a medley.

The dancing cannot be “R” rated and the music must be free of profanity.

Now what it takes to win the competition? Judges will be looking for lots of energy and originality.

The grand prize of round trip tickets to Las Vegas or Orlando will be awarded to best male and the best female.

Prizes will also be awarded to the best three groups or organizations. If you are interested in joining this competition email Angie Jackson, Homecoming director of programming, at [email protected].