BG News Briefing

Office of Campus Involvement hosts second leadership workshop in six-part series today

The Office of Campus Involvement will host a free workshop today focused on teambuilding in a group environment.

The workshop, the second in a six-part series, will be held at 7 p.m. in 318 Union.

The workshop will focus on how attendees can develop team skills for any type of group or organization. Organizers say even class project and friendship environments can benefit from the training.

Students who attend four out of six workshops will receive a certificate. Call Matt Barone at 372-0374 for more information.

Family weekend concert announced

It’s official — The University’s Family Weekend Committee in conjunction with UAO will bring Ben Folds, former singer of Ben Folds Five to campus for Family Weekend Nov. 6.

This is the first time the two paired up to plan and produce a concert. Using money from the committee’s budget, and UAO’s know-how about putting on a larger concert, this year’s event is set to be the best one yet.

UAO president Brittany Barhite said that this is a chance for parents and students to enjoy a concert together — one that is more “family-oriented.”

“He is of our time, but parents will still enjoy his uniqueness of music,” she said.

Behind a baby grand piano, Ben Folds creates a pop-rock sound with his creative lyrics and exciting stage presence. Though presently a solo act, he will bring along a full band, Barhite said.

The concert will be held Saturday, Nov. 6 at 8 p.m. in Anderson Arena. Tickets are $20 and will go on-sale Wednesday, Sept. 29 at 9 p.m. in Anderson Arena.

Contact the UAO office at 372-2486 for further details.