The Jimiller Band revisits Howard’s

“There are good people in Bowling Green,” says lead singer and guitarist, Jim Miller of the Jimiller Band. “We used to play there all the time, so it only makes sense we do our CD release party there this Saturday night.”

The group consists of Jim Miller on guitar and mandolin, Brett Miller on bass, Rick Davidson on guitar, Steve Scheff on keyboards and Fred Perez-Stable on drums. They are scheduled to hold the release party for their album tomorrow night at Howard’s. They are the only band scheduled to play.

“We like to put on a show for the fans,” says Miller, “After all, the CD does have 28 songs on it.”

The album is titled “Family Roots.” It contains various kinds of music including blues, country, Cajun, rock, jazz and bluegrass. “We play for music’s sake, for our fans,” says Miller. “We want to make the music and shows the best we can for them.”

Before being a part of the Jimiller Band, Miller was a member of the band, the Oroboros, until 1998.

“The band had taken its toll and I felt it was time to move on. The Jimiller Band is great though, because we are all on the same level musically,” says Miller.

As a member of the Oroboros, Miller got to open for multiple well known artists such as John Mayer and Rusted Root.

He also jammed with Blues Traveler and Sheryl Crow. He has opened for the 1994 H.O.R.D.E Festival and the 1996 Further Festival.

However, just last summer the Jimiller Band played at the 10,000 Lakes Festival, where they opened for Bruce Hornsby.

The band plays tomorrow night at Howard’s Club H. The show starts at 10 p.m. and Miller promises a night of fun and entertainment.