Fire downtown

David Schrag and David Schrag

“After the fire had started we were very fortunate that the Bowling Green Fire Department received the call and was able to contain the fire pretty quickly,” said Nick Gorant, director of Sea Lion Studios at 182 S. Main St.

Early Saturday morning at 1:46 a.m., a resident living above the art studio reported the fire and the Fire Department responded and contained the blaze quickly, stating the cause to be an accidental electrical problem.

Some pieces of artwork were lost, but most of the damage was done structurally to the interior of the building as well as some smoke and water damage to pieces of artwork and the building.