University waits for grand jury decision before Feasal action

Imagine sleeping in the living room just to feel safe, or only wanting to take a shower if someone stood guard outside the door. For six University female students on Burrwood Drive, this has become daily lifestyle over the past few weeks.

Now the doors are locked religiously, the window blinds are always shut and timid bedroom and closet checks are a daily occurrence.

It all started with an encounter Nov. 14 involving a female University junior and Bradley Feasel, of Cygnet, also a junior at the University.

According to police reports, Feasel broke into 1480 Burrwood Drive in the Bentwood housing development, stealing personal items like jewelry and perfume. He apparently made several trips to and from the home that night.

The female student, who asked not to be identified for this article, walked out of her room at about 2 a.m. and saw Feasel standing in her bathroom.

After calling her roommates who weren’t home at the time, she locked herself in her bedroom until help arrived.

Feasel was arrested by Officer Noel Crawford of the Bowling Green Police Division and charged with burglary. He was lodged at the Wood County Justice Center but released the same day. Feasel told police that he was just curious and wanted to see what was happening at the residence.

According to Lieutenant Brad Biller, public affairs spokesperson with the Bowling Green Police Division, Feasel’s pockets were overflowing with items he had tried to steal from the girls early that morning.

“Women’s make-up items fell out of his pockets, an ankle bracelet, a small bottle of perfume, and $20 that was reported missing [by one of the victims]” Biller said.

But as the girls searched their house for other missing items, they realized just how much had been taken. Underwear, bras, a video recorder, photographs, make-up, tank tops, sweatshirts and a sorority bag were just some of the stolen items.

The BGPD obtained a search warrant for Feasel’s car and apartment. Many of the girls’ missing items were found and taken for evidence. However, among other items, Feasel had a telescope in the trunk of his car and police found sex toys, jewelry and underwear that were not just the Burrwood girls’ items.

To all of the roommates, one of the most disturbing things that the BGPD found was in a journal kept by Feasel. The journal detailed Feasel’s plans for a Web site dealing with his descriptions on how to watch attractive people, how to dress up like a woman and how to set up a hidden video camera.

“It was a description of his plans, like his crossover program,” one of the victims said.

Feasel’s preliminary trial was held Nov. 24, and he was ordered to move out of his apartment by Nov. 30. He has since moved home with his parents and the A criminal clerk for the Wood County courthouse confirmed that the case will be presented to the Wood County Grand Jury after the first of the year.

The University is able to take action against Feasel pending the outcome of the grand jury hearing. Jill Carr, associate dean of Student Life said that the University holds students responsible for their actions on and off campus.

The whole experience has left the female students a bag of emotions.

“At first we were just afraid, but now I am mad about it. Maybe he knows this house as good as I do,” one of the victims said. “My whole sense of security no longer exists.”

“I just want to ask him how many times he has been in our house, or was he here when we didn’t go out and we were in our rooms sleeping,” another victim said. “How much of it was about us?”

Guest Reporter Brittany Lee contributed to this report.