Art Extravaganza at Fine Arts Center on Saturday

This Saturday the Bowling Green Fine Arts Center is hosting its first Art Extravaganza. Student organizations in ceramics, glass, jewelry, fibers, printmaking, photography, digital arts, sculpture, graphic design, painting, metals, and drawing will get the chance to showcase their best work from 6-9 p.m. in the Fine Arts Building.

The hundreds of pieces up for display are chosen by the students themselves. But all the art in the building won’t be designed by the students. There will also be a faculty exhibition as well as a design migration exhibition, which is a design program for alumni.

To add to the entertainment there will be multiple activities going on. Graduate studio tours and Japanese tea room presentations will commence while jazz music will be performed by the Rob Howard Quartet.

To educate as well as entertain, students will be performing demonstrations. They will show visitors how to make their own pieces with demonstrations on glass blowing, metal casting, ceramics, and making different varieties of jewelry.

Still looking for some Christmas ideas? The Art Extravaganza will not only be displaying pieces, they are selling them as well. The faculty pieces will have a higher cost range, however, the student pieces are designed to be more affordable. Items for sale include hand blown ornaments, jewelry and scarves.

“The price range for the student pieces will be anywhere from $10 to $100. We want to make things affordable for the students” said art teacher Dennis Wojtkiewicz.

All the proceeds from the sold artwork will support the student organizations. The sale is December 11 from 6-9 p.m. in the Fine Arts Center. For more information call 419-372-2786.