Leadership summit highlights women of color

Falcon Media Staff

Bowen Thompson Student Union

Emily Dimick, Reporter

On Thursday, March 2, the Center for Women and Gender Equity will be hosting the Women of Color Leadership Summit, according to an article by Bowling Green State University. 

The annual event will be in honor of Women’s History Month and will bring activists/scholars to the university, where they will talk about how women of color have contributed to leadership, advocacy and activism within their communities. 

As stated in the article, The Summit will be in panel form, and students, staff, faculty and the community are open to ask questions. The guest of the panel will share any personal thoughts, obstacles and achievements they have come across on their journey to becoming leaders. 

One of the panelists is Chief Ife Bell, who is a Strategy Officer for To BE Consulting LLC and is a traditional tribal leader of the Dagbon Kingdom in the Northern region of Ghana. Nazarene Tubman, the Director of Vaccine Clinical Development and oversees global zika, chikungunya, and COVID/flu vaccine studies, will also be a panelist. 

Proceeding the panel, the guests and speakers will be able to break out in smaller groups to further discuss the information in more detail and determine any steps they may want to take next. 

The event will be held in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. The breakout sessions will take place in rooms 314, 315 and 316 of the BTSU.