Alberto Anaya receives All-Region Team honors

Drake Harlett
Alberto Anaya dribbling with the ball

Junior midfielder Alberto Anaya has been named to the United Soccer Coaches All-West Region Third Team.

This is the second time Anaya has received all-region honors, he was named to the third team in 2021.

Despite missing three games this season due to injury, Anaya finished the season playing in 15 games for the Falcons, starting 14 total. He finished the season with four goals and six assists and recorded 33 shots on the year.

All of his goals and four of his assists came in Missouri Valley Conference action, Anaya scored in four consecutive matches for the Orange and Brown, which was the longest streak from a BG player since 2005.

Anaya also served as one of the three captains this season for Bowling Green. Along with senior goal-keeper Brendan Graves and junior defender Kyle Cusimano.

In his three seasons with the Falcons, Anaya has appeared in 48 matches for BG, scoring 14 goals and adding 15 assists.

Anaya has also been named to the 2023 MVC Scholar-Athlete Second Team and the College Sports Communicators Academic All-District Team.

The Falcons finished the 2023 season (7-8-3) and finished in fourth place in the Missouri Valley in their first season, posting a (4-4-0) conference record.

For more information related to the team, follow us on X at @bg_fmsn.