Bonnell adds freshman to Falcon tennis roster

BGSU+tennis+recruit+Isabella+Norris.+
Westfield High School
BGSU tennis recruit Isabella Norris.

BGSU head tennis coach Mike Bonnell announced Isabella Norris will join next season’s squad.

Norris will arrive as a freshman having graduated from Westfield (Ind.) High School in May and comes from an athletic family. Her father Dave played football at Western Michigan while her mother Kim was on the track and field/cross country team at Western Michigan.

As a senior, Norris helped lead the Shamrocks to the program’s first sectional championship. The team also won regional and semistate titles before falling to Fishers in the state quarterfinals. 

“Isabella Norris is a great addition to our program. Her game is full of potential. She has the exact attitude, work ethic, intelligence, and hunger to get better that we are looking for,” said Bonnell. “I believe her tennis is going to blossom here.”

Norris earned four varsity letters for the Shamrocks and was the 2024 senior team captain. She completed a 40-7 overall record while at Westfield and competed at number one singles for three years. Norris was named All-District twice and also earned Indiana High School Athletic Association All-Conference twice.

“I chose BGSU because I believe BGSU has the right people, coaches, teammates, faculty, and opportunities to help me achieve my goals and far beyond,” said Norris.

The Falcons finished last season 7-15 after a 7-6 start. They placed three athletes on the conference’s all-academic team.