Apartment fire affects 18 units, hospitalizes 1

Multiple news outlets reported a fire at Village Court North apartments on Parkview Avenue affecting 18 units and sending one person to the hospital, though authorities state the injuries were not serious.

BG Independent Media reported the initial  911 call about the fire came at 5:15 p.m. and by the time first responders arrived, the fire was already visible.

When fire crews arrived, the fire was already showing, BG Fire Chief Bill Moorman said.

“It had already gone through the roof,” he told BG Independent Media.

Moorman told WTOL there was heavy smoke and fire in the middle building of the three-building complex and wind caused the fire to spread, reaching the building’s attic.

Multiple news outlets confirmed the complex is owned by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the fire affected 18 units.

13ABC reports those displaced were housed in area hotels.

The complex sits east of Main Street tucked behind the shopping center that includes Goodwill and Enterprise Rent-a-Car.

Map showing location of Village Court North apartments, site of a fire June 13 2024.

.