Work begins today on South Main Street water line

Falcon Media staff
Work continues on West Wooster Street.

The South Main Street Water Line Improvement project is scheduled to begin today, according to the city.

The project involves waterlines along South Main from Ordway Avenue to Gypsy Lane. Both northbound lanes, along with the center turn lane, will be closed within the work area with both lanes of travel shifting to the southbound lanes; additional intersections will close intermittently.  Access to businesses will be maintained.  

This is part of a project that will extend into next year. Water line improvement work will be completed this year, with paving along South Main, from Ordway to the southern corporation line, to follow next year. This project also includes ADA ramp improvements, a separated shared use path along the west side of South Main (from Gypsy Lane to Napoleon), traffic signal replacement and road widening at the S. Main/Napoleon intersection, and the installation of two Pedestrian Hybrid Beacons (similar to devices along Wooster near the university’s Kuhlin Center and the Stroh Center) between Gypsy Lane and Napoleon.