Students can find and purchase Pinterest items on Wanelo

Pick, click and buy — it’s as simple as that to obtain the most recently trending and unique products on the web.

Wanelo is a website with the ability to buy products offered from any online store with just the click of a button. Like the social media website Pinterest, clicking on an image gives users the option to either save the item.

Only on Wanelo, however, can the user buy the products pictured in front of them.

The first two letters of want, need and love form the word Wanelo. This website lists all of the current trending items chosen by its users. A wide variety of products are offered such as clothes, home decorations and accessories.

“It’s free organic advertising for different companies,” said Daniela Governatori, community manager at Wanelo.

Even though some may think Wanelo is based off of Pinterest, Deena Varshavskaya, founder and chief executive officer of Wanelo, said the website was created around the same time as Pinterest.

“It is actually just a coincidence that Wanelo’s layout is similar to [Pinterest’s],” Governatori said.

All of the products offered to buy on Wanelo are from any online store a user happens to come across. The web site offers a link titled “Post to Wanelo” that can be dragged to the bookmark tab of a browser. This gives easier access to users who consistently want to add items to the website.

Wanelo does not get permission to picture other companies’ products on their website because it is essentially free advertising for the companies, Governatori said.

Junior Katie Everhardt said she learns about different products and companies from Wanelo.

“I like that there is a different variety of products offered and they are all current trends,” Everhardt said. “Most of the time there are [items] that I have already seen so I have the chance to save a product if I forgot to save before.”

Everhardt said she uses both Wanelo and Pinterest, but she sticks to mainly Wanelo when it comes to clothing.

“[Wanelo] is more useful than Pinterest if you are looking for clothes that you can buy right away since there is an option to do so,” Everhardt said.

Freshman Brooke Morgano said she likes Wanelo because it is similar to Pinterest.

“I can scroll through things I like and save them to a list for later,” Morgano said. “It is like pinning items on Pinterest.”

Wanelo is still a fairly new website and Everhardt said there is still room for improvement.

“I don’t like that I can’t go to a specific style, and to get something new you have to scroll pages on pages,” Everhardt said.

Morgano said she likes Wanelo’s layout since it is similar to Pinterest, but is skeptical to actually purchase something.

“I’m kind of afraid to buy anything on Wanelo since it leads you to a different web site and every time I have tried to buy something, [the product] was out of stock or not there anymore,” Morgano said.