Softball sweeps Valparaiso in Tuesday doubleheader

unknown

Jamie Kertes pitches in this past Saturday’s 5-1 loss against Ohio at home.

In a mid-week doubleheader, the Falcon softball team swept Valparaiso 5-3, 5-0 Tuesday.

The first game was highlighted by a Katie Yoho three-run homer in the fifth inning.

Valparaiso scored three in the sixth but were unable to rally as the game ended 5-3.

BG struck quickly in game two as Adrienne Dick singled up the middle allowing Hannah Fulk to come home in the first inning.

The Falcons continued to command the game into the fourth as BG added four runs off of four hits.

Yoho, Paige Berger, Erika Stratton and Marissa Shook all crossed the plate for the Falcons. The runs came off a pair of singles from Stratton and Emily McClelland.

In the second game, BG held Valparaiso scoreless with four hits in pitcher Jamie Kertes’ complete game shutout. The Falcons hit eight hits during their 5-0 win over the Crusaders.

BG will return home for a two-game doubleheader against the Univeristy of Buffalo on Thursday and a two-game series against Kent State University on Saturday and Sunday.