Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Join our team
Join the Falcon Media team for Spring semester - paid staff positions, internships, volunteer opportunities. Applications open now until October 13. Get the details!
  • A Theatrical Rivalry with Love and Despair
    By Jay Grummel If We Were Villains has a way of making the horrifics acts of rivals and the blurry line of morals poetic. At first glance I didn’t think I’d enjoy this book as much as I did, especially with the amount of times it quoted Shakespeare. However, after diving into this dark academic […]
  • Falcon Four: Series for Back-to-School Nostalgia
    By Jay Grummel For some of us going back to classes is dreadful and for others it’s exciting. Personally, I am happy to be back on campus and with some structure, but I am also happily procrastinating  a lot of my responsibilities. To get back into the groove of things, here’s a Falcon Four of […]

Identities of SIC SIC seniors revealed at hockey game

Two of the University’s unofficial mascots were revealed to a roaring hockey crowd at Saturday night’s SIC SIC unmasking.

SIC SIC is graduating two of it’s six members, and as part of the University’s long-standing tradition, the two were unmasked in what members consider to be a bittersweet celebration.

“It’s the best time of the year, but I’m bummed to see the two leave,” said SIC SIC member dressed as Herman Munster. “Throughout the years we have grown close and are like a family.”

The two students unmasked were senior Shane Strausbaugh, who wore the mask of talk-show host Jay Leno, and senior Kristen Gyorgak, who donned a Gene Simmons mask, the lead singer of the band Kiss.

“Every member of SIC SIC is initiated at the end of their first year and then is revealed toward the end of their senior year,” wrote Associate Dean of Students Michael Ginsburg in an email.

Strausbaugh’s membership, however, was an exception.

“Actually, there was an opening this year and I ended up interviewing and got in,” Strausbaugh said. “So this is my first and only year in [SIC SIC], but it’s been so amazing.”

The spirit group goes to various sporting events throughout the year, and their presence at the University is also seen at Dance Marathon and on the “SIC SIC Sez” signs around campus, Strausbaugh said.

“I can’t pin-point one memory. Honestly, it’s not just like one big memory,” Gyorgak said. “It’s the little things we do. It’s going out to the dorms to meet people. The little interactions are what made the three years worth it. It’s everything that makes this perfect.”

The group convenes privately once a week in a “secret-hideout” somewhere within the city limits of Bowling Green, Ginsburg said.

“SIC SIC meets one night a week to create and hang ‘SIC SIC Sez’ signs around campus and … also [attends] campus events, the number of which varies from week to week,” Ginsburg said.

The members are kept secret and few people know of their true identity.

“Once members are admitted to the group, I send a letter to their parents,” Ginsburg said. “There are only three people on campus who know their identity: me, the Senior Associate Dean of Students, Jodi Webb, and the Senior Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, Jill Carr.”

In previous years, University’s president Dr. Mary Ellen Mazey met SIC SIC members and is herself an honorary member of the group, Ginsburg said.

“I think we have the strongest group now then we ever have before,” Gyorgak said. “I have no worries for the future. For freshman that want to apply, step it up; you’ve got some really cool people applying.”