Tickets to Florida Georgia Line currently on hold, sales aided by Ticketmaster

Students can expect to be welcomed back from fall break with a fall concert.

The University Activities Organization is hosting this year’s annual fall concert at the Stroh Center. Florida Georgia Line will perform after being opened to the stage by Dallas Smith and Colt Ford on Oct. 13 at 7 p.m.

UAO decided to host a country artist this year to try something new as opposed to the previous artists who have performed such as Kid Cudi, Cobra Starship and 3OH!3, said Jonathon Wray, co-director of the traditions programming team for UAO.

“When we were looking at artists, Florida Georgia Line was within our price range and they were just starting to reach their peak and were even getting bigger during the summer,” Wray said. “We jumped on the opportunity as soon as we could.”

Though there aren’t any tickets right now for people to buy, there are still some on hold for the band and UAO plans on the show being sold out by the day of the concert.

Wray said this was the first time the organization sold tickets online with Ticketmaster. Although the transaction process was difficult for people to purchase their tickets at first, it went smoother than expected, he said.

“Since the band is so popular, we knew there was going to be a rush for ticket sales and we didn’t feel like there would be enough room to do it on campus,” Wray said. “There would be a crazy long line on campus if we did it that way and we wouldn’t have had enough volunteers to take care of that.”

UAO Adviser Mike Freyaldenhoven said the online purchasing of tickets was another way to strategize with the students’ needs as they came back for the new school year.

“I think it was a decision we made this year so we didn’t have a ticket sales event that was going to be popular competing with the first week of classes,” Freyaldenhoven said. “We’re expecting the show to be sold out.”

Senior Courtney Tomlinson is excited for the show since she is a big fan.

“I love Florida Georgia Line and I really like the idea of the fall concert,” Tomlinson said. “Country music is my favorite but I like all kinds of music.”