Amber LeFever ’09, finds dream, opens gallery

Amber LeFever doesn’t only own the LeSo gallery in Toledo, she also owns what’s above it— and she lives there with her fiance.

“That’s kind of what made it feasible for us,” said LeFever, an ‘09 graduate in arts education.

The two, both University alumni, wanted to open an art gallery, and now own LeSo.

“We show a really diverse array of art,” LeFever said. “It’s really exciting to meet new people, and meet new artists.”

At the gallery, LeFever and her fiance, ‘10 graduate Adam Sobolewski, along with their business partner ‘10 graduate Brad Scherzer, show work from regional artists and ones from Northwest Ohio.

They even show University students’ work, she said.

“We know a lot of really talented artists [from BG],” she said. “I think it is incredibly important to show artists from BGSU because they’re so talented.”

LeFever said her experience with University students is that they’re professional, “they have it together and their work is gorgeous.”

For LeFever, her classes at the University helped her feel “really prepared for what I was doing when I graduated.”

She advises students to “take advantage of every opportunity … these are really once in a lifetime chances and I really would encourage students to take advantage of those opportunities.”

On top of managing the gallery, LeFever also works full time as an art teacher at a charter school, what she calls her “dream job.”