9/11/12 easily forgotten

The anniversary of the tragic, unforgettable, life changing date that forever pierces Americans brains was just last Wednesday and I noted that we as Americans are already forgetting its victims.

The date Sept. 11, 2001 is forever ingrained in our minds.

Where were we the time the first plane hit the World Trade Center, when the second plane hit and as another plane hit the Pentagon and United Flight 93 was hijacked?

Those innocent lives will never be forgotten and will forever shape this nation.

Yet, do you know exactly where you were and what you were doing on Sept. 11, 2012? This too, was a day of innocent bloodshed and a pure evil act of terrorism taking lives and leaving families behind.

On Sept. 11, 2012, there was a terrorist attack on the United States Consulate in Benghazi, leaving four Americans dead.

On March 28, 2012, a cable from the Ambassador in Benghazi was sent to Secretary of State Clinton requesting additional security.

It was not until April 19, that our men in Benghazi received a cable signed by Clinton refusing additional security.

At 3:59 p.m. American time, the first shots had been fired and the Department of Defense ordered an unarmed drone to be repositioned overhead the consulate.

By 4:05 p.m. the State Department notified the White House and Secretary of Defense. By 5:00 p.m., the president was aware of the attack on the consulate by terrorists and were watching it in real-time.

By 5:40, State Department Official Pat Kennedy, refused to send counterterrorism groups to Libya.

Following this ruthless attack, the citizens of the United States and the grieving families of the Benghazi victims were told this was in reaction to a YouTube video.

The Obama Administration’s Press Secretary Jay Carney blamed the video saying it was not a pre-planned attack.

Obama promised that “We will be relentless in finding who is responsible for these deaths and bring them to justice.”

Months and months went by without answers, except the man who made the YouTube video was jailed and still is to this day. Investigations really did not take place to answering who had attacked the consulate that is until a news organization interviewed the leader of the group Ansar al-Sharia, who claimed responsibility.

Yet, the government did not arrest this man or question him.

Why all the lies from the Obama Administration? Why were these lives not saved, when counterterrorism groups would have been able to reach the consulate in time? Why a year later is there still no accountability and justice?

So, as we will never forget the Sept. 11, 2001 victims and their families and loved ones, please remember the Sept. 11, 2012 victims and their families left without justice still questioning why their loved ones had to die.

Respond to Meagan at