Jimmy Fallon provides laughter to ‘Tonight Show’

More than 11 million people tuned in to watch Jimmy Fallon host the “Tonight Show” on Monday night, as he took the place of Jay Leno.

Although Fallon has lost a few viewers since his first night, he still has averaged about 7 million people to tune in for the show. It makes sense because Fallon is younger, funnier and has a better sense of what people will find amusing in today’s generation.

In a recent interview with “60 Minutes,” Jay Leno said having Jimmy Fallon replace him on the show “makes perfect sense.”

Many people would probably agree with Leno on his statement. People fell in love with Fallon during his time as a cast member for “Saturday Night Live” and even more during his show “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” which started in 2009. People fell in love with Fallon because his inspirational sense of humor and his willingness to just make people smile in general.

It was time for Leno to be replaced because of his lack of today’s humor. He also stated in the “60 Minutes” interview that he can’t do some of the things Fallon can such as dancing with Justin Timberlake or knowing the current Justin Bieber single. Fallon can do highly comedic impressions of well-known people. He is also a great musician and can actually sing really well, many of the things Leno couldn’t.

Fallon brings out the funny in people on his shows, making people tune in longer than only a few minutes. For example, he brought Will Smith to the show and the two performed a short skit of the “Evolution of Hip-Hop Dance Moves.” Who wouldn’t want to see Smith imitating the “Carlton” dance? Fallon also brought Kristen Wiig to the show and had her imitate Harry Styles from One Direction the entire time. It’s because of these skits and imitations that people want to see and what they find hilarious and Jimmy Fallon professionalizes it.

If people didn’t get Fallon’s personality when he introduced who he was at the beginning of the first show on Monday night, what will? If stating that he hoped his parents were proud of him as they attended the show didn’t relate to how you feel or felt while trying to succeed in life, then hopefully his amazing comedic talent will change your mind.