Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Join our team
Join the Falcon Media team for Spring semester - paid staff positions, internships, volunteer opportunities. Applications open now until October 13. Get the details!
September 21, 2023

• My Fiction Icks
    By Jay Grummel When you read as much as I do you start to notice common things in fiction that make you annoyed, upset  or even want to put down the book completely. I have a bad habit of not giving books much of a chance when they use some of these personal ‘icks’. However, […]
  • Poetry for Fall
    By Jay Grummel Poetry has a way of connecting us to the external and internal world. In poetry it is easier to feel a season and truly feel a piece due to this. Poetry has a subtle way of making the readers immersed into the world of the poem. With the air getting colder and […]

Random acts of kindness good

The distinct sound of glass smashing into pieces stole the attention of what felt like everyone in the Union.

My drink, a Snapple tea, slid out of my hand and onto the floor.

“Nothing’s as sad as the death of a Snapple,” I joked to those staring at me.

But I felt myself turning red.

Yes, I know it’s not a big deal, and one shouldn’t cry over spilled milk, but I’m not the type of person who likes being in the spotlight.

I could feel everyone’s eyes fixated on me.

Suddenly, someone came to my aid, picking up the glass and making sure I hadn’t cut myself on them.

This person helped me clean up the Snapple, asked a staff member to double check that we had picked up all the glass and even opened the door for me as we both left the building.

“Wow,” I thought. “I was just the target of a random act of kindness.”

Even though it was just a simple gesture, I was surprised at how nicely this person treated me for no apparent reason.

I’ve heard of organizations that try to boost students’ morale, but rarely do I see people go out of their way to be nice to others and spread kindness.

I feel like people focus on taking care of themselves and, in the process, ignore those around them.

But campus is kind of special.

With many people around, there are endless opportunities for good will if we open our eyes to them.

And while I certainly could have cleaned up the mess I made by myself, it was nice to have help.

It doesn’t take much to make somebody’s day.

Respond to Emily at