USG opens new off-campus student lounge

A new off-campus student lounge is now open in the Jerome Library.

USG held an event on Monday to officially open the space up to students.

“I think the purpose for us though was to really create a space that let off-campus students know that they weren’t just like limited to the union or something like that…regardless of where they are on campus there’s a space for them,” Director of Student Safety and Wellness, Abby McNichols said.

With this being her last year at BGSU, McNichols wanted to do something meaningful and was very happy to see this project finally come together.

“It’s so nice to see this actually come to fruition and see it actually happening…and knowing that there’s students in there right now enjoying it,” McNichols said.

Even though the lounge is labeled as an off-campus student lounge, on-campus students are also welcome to use and enjoy the space, according to McNichols.

The goal for the future of the lounge is to turn it into a comfortable yet productive area for students by adding in whiteboards, possibly a fridge and a microwave and more.

“I hope to see this space grow, not just as a comfortable space on campus for students to hang out but also a place where maybe students can, you know, start to work together and collaborate with one another,” McNichols said.