Women’s Soccer opens Season Against Toledo

Brandon Loe | Executive Content Director

Mid-American Conference play kicks off this week on the pitch for women’s soccer teams. The last four seasons have had fierce competition top to bottom, but one thing has remained a constant: Bowling Green’s dominance across the conference.

The Falcons have won the last four regular season and tournament championships in the MAC, a feat only accomplished by one other team in the country, Loyola Chicago with four straight Missouri Valley Conference Championships. 

Success for Bowling Green extends well beyond the last four seasons. The Falcons have appeared in the last five conference tournament title matches losing only the first of them to Toledo. The Falcons also have the most MAC Tournament titles in the conference with six as Toledo is in second with five.

This year the Toledo Rockets are first up on the conference play schedule for Bowling Green. The two teams will face off under the lights at Cochrane Stadium this Thursday, Sept. 22.

One player who has been keeping Thursday circled on her calendar is Falcon forward, Ellie Pool. Pool was the leading point scorer for the Toledo Rockets last season but chose to transfer to Bowling Green before the 2022 spring semester. Pool is reuniting with Jimmy Walker at Bowling Green after being coached by Walker during his time at Pacesetter while she was growing up. 

“Working with Jimmy has been really cool, he’s seen me grow up so he knows how to bring out the best in my game,” Pool said.

Pool is still seeking her first goal in a Bowling Green uniform but as the Falcons take the pitch on Thursday night, there is sure to be some extra motivation for the former Rocket. Kickoff for the match is set for 7:00 p.m. and can be viewed on ESPN+ or the BCSN Now App.