Welcome Back Weekend in Bowling Green: Rally BG

Falcon Media Staff

The Bowling Green community sure knows how to welcome back students with a weekend full of activities, food, and music. An event that goes up and down Main Street and occurs after the first week of class, otherwise known as “Rally BG,” took place yesterday. In the afternoon, there was music and entertainment, local food trucks, shopping and dining specials, bike rodeos, and basketball contests. Later that evening, there was a zip line, a ninja warrior course, a double jump free fall, t-shirt giveaways, and a make-your-own street sign stand. Additionally, everyone you can think of was there. Students, community members, Rodney Rogers, Freddy and Frieda Falcon, SICSIC spirit crew, BGSU cheerleaders, and DJ’s Galore. This special event takes place each year to welcome in new students and show them what the Bowling Green community is really about. It’s a fun way to meet new people and explore downtown BG.  If you missed out this weekend, don’t fret. There will be many more fun activities to come this year with campus fest, sports games, parent’s weekend, etc. In all, it was another successful Rally BG and a great end to the first week of classes.