Wicks for innovation, change

Go into Grounds for Thought coffee shop any time of the day and you’ll see undergraduate students cramming for an exam, next to faculty members prepping for a lecture, next to community members talking about the weekend’s theater production.

Kelly and Laura Wicks have created a space where everyone in this diverse community feels comfortable.

Kelly Wicks understands that for Bowling Green to prosper, the University needs to thrive, students need to feel like this is a place where they can enjoy spending 4 years, and non-University residents need to feel respected.

I am supporting Kelly Wicks for Bowling Green Mayor because he will take the city to a new level. I have always viewed Bowling Green as a city that has been run unimaginatively.

The current administration uses the same playbook that previous Mayors have used. Fifteen years ago, the city bragged about having some of the first wind turbines in the region. Now our 4 turbines are dwarfed by wind farms in all directions. Little has been done to build up alternative energy, to promote a more walkable and bike-friendly community. The city’s website looks the same as it did 10 years ago. Cities are just like the business world, you need to innovate or you get passed by.

Kelly has won nearly all small business and commerce awards that the city and region offers. In addition, he was the instrumental figure in creating the coolest, hippest event in Northwest Ohio, the Black Swamp Arts Festival. Kelly Wicks has a history of competence and innovation. I urge you to vote Kelly Wicks on November 3rd.