NFL player let go from the Chicago Bears

The Chicago Bears officially let go of defensive end player, Ray McDonald on Monday,

May 25.

The decision was put into action after allegations were brought against McDonald,

age 30, for domestic violence and child endangerment.

According to police reports, the assault took place in his Santa Clara home. This is not McDonald’s first run-in with authorities for charges of assault. Last season,

McDonald was released from his position with the San Francisco 49ers due to sexual

assault allegations and other patterns of poor-decision making in December of

2014.

Upon arriving at his home in Santa Clara, McDonald was not there. According to CNN, that is when officers learned that McDonald had allegedly “physicallyassaulted the victim while she was holding a baby.”

He was found in a nearby San Jose home and arrested three hours later.

The Bears, having provided McDonald with a second chance to return to a team released a statement to the media shortly after the announcement was made regarding McDonald’s release from the team.

“We believe in second chances, but when we signed Ray, we were very clear what our expectations were if he was to remain a Bear,” Ryan Pace, the general manager of

the Bears said in the statement.

“He was not able to meet the standard, and the

decision was made to release

him.”

McDonald signed a oneyear contract with the Chicago Bears in March.

The victim of the alleged assault, McDonald’s exfiance and her infant child

fathered by McDonald, was also involved in an incident where allegations were made

against McDonald in August

of 2014.

He is currently free on $15,000 bail and police have reported that it is unclear as to whether the case will be

sent to prosecutors for further

review.