Country singer Chris Young to perform at Stroh Center

University senior Grace Robinette said she has never had a bad time at a country concert and hopes Chris Young keeps in tune with the rest.

Country singer Chris Young will take the Stroh Center stage Thursday Nov. 29.

“One of my friends bought four tickets close to the day the tickets went on sale, I think the actual day after, so there’s a group of four of us going together” Robinette said.

Stroh Center General Manager Ben Spence said Live Nation Entertainment asked the Stroh Center to be a stop on Young’s headlining tour.

The Liquid Neon Tour started Nov. 15 at a sold-out Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, according to Young’s official website chrisyoungcountry.com.

The tour highlights Young’s third album “Neon,” which was released in July 2011. He also won Breakthrough Artist of the Year in 2011 and Single of the Year for “Voices” at the American Country Awards, according to the website.

Robinette said she has been to a lot of country concerts, but has not seen Young in concert before and is excited to see him for the first time at the Stroh.

“He just has an awesome voice and the meaning behind his songs are great, like most country songs,” Robinette said. “It should be a really good concert.”

The Liquid Neon Tour also has special guests Thomas Rhett and Joanna Smith, according to the website.

“I’ve heard of Thomas Rhett, but I’ve never heard of the girl,” Robinette said. “What I tend to find is that if I like the headlining artist, I like the other musicians too.”

Robinette said her favorite song by Young is “The Man I Want To Be.”

“I love hearing his songs on the radio, CDs and my iPod, they’re catchy,” Robinette said. “He’s one person that I’ve always wanted to see live and hear his real voice in person.”

Spence said Live Nation rented the Stroh to host the concert in the venue and Live Nation deals directly with Young’s management. The Stroh will get some money from parking and concessions, he said.

Spence said the Stroh is working on getting more shows this winter, but nothing is confirmed yet.

“Country concerts always have a fun atmosphere,” Robinette said. “The music, the people, it’s always a fun time.”