The Dog Days of Summer Countdown

Summer can get boring if all you do is sleep, but you don’t need to spend a lot of money to keep yourself entertained. These are a few classic summer elements that can help keep summer interesting.

75. Summer has a sound of its own. Make a summer playlist of the songs that make you think of summer and new hits you just can’t get enough of.

74. As summer starts to heat up, nighttime begins to look like a better time to be active, so take a midnight bike ride — just be sure to take a friend and a bike light.

73. Bring back your childhood days by rollerblading. The Slippery Elm Trail in Bowling Green provides a great flat surface if you’re worried about falling.

72. Go to an outside concert. Levis Commons in Perrysburg has live music every Saturday in June.

71. Make s’mores. No summer is complete without out the delicious taste of graham crackers, chocolate and a roasted marshmallow put together in a tasty sandwich.

70. This weekend is supposed to get hot, so go cool down by taking a dip in a swimming pool.

69. Search for a new band to listen to, whether it’s by heading to a local bar, or searching iTunes for an upcoming band or heading to a music festival.