Checking your vitals

This week, the Pulse checks the vitals of Andy Crocket, a senior at-large, fraternity brother, former president of the Inter-Fraternity council and current intern in the Office of Student Life.

What are your nicknames? Crockesauras. A girl from my involvement in Greek life called me that one day.

Where are you from? Ann Arbor, Mich. I grew up a Wolverines’ fan, but was mostly interested in Detroit sports like the Pistons.

So what made you decide to some to BG? My mom forced me to come – my mom’s an alumni and she kept telling me to apply. So finally I did and ended up liking it. Being from Michigan, you don’t know of too many Ohio schools, but my mom really encouraged me and I’ve never regretted it.

What kinds of hobbies are you into? I enjoy researching history like classical civilizations or the medieval civilizations. I love hockey too because I was a goaltender.

What did you do for the Super Bowl? My fraternity had a get-together, but unfortunately I had a paper and quiz to study for so I watched it and studied at the same time.

What did you think about the commercials? I thought they were sub-par. I was disappointed they didn’t do the Pepsi/iPod thing, where you have a one-in-three chance of winning a free song from iTunes when you buy a Pepsi.

Do you have any pet peeves? I do! When people run on the treadmill at the rec for too long, for like an hour when all the treadmills are filled. I’ll be trying to run on the treadmill for 25 minutes and they’re walking when you’re only supposed to walk to cool down.

Do you prefer sitcoms or reality TV? Sitcoms. There’s no such thing as true reality TV. Reality isn’t like TV. If you filmed someone, it’d be boring sometimes.

What are your favorite TV shows? “The Simpsons,” “Family Guy,” “The Daily Show” and the “The Colbert Report.”

Do you have any guilty pleasures? My guilty pleasure is eating junk foods on the weekends: chips, fast food and candy. I love Dots!

What do you think of the Academy Awards? I think there’s a lot of bias toward the end-of-the-year movies. Basically, it’s like who made the best movie through November through December.

Tell us a funny story. I once accidentally ripped a $20 bill in half. I was trying to be slick freshmen year, and pulled it out flashing to people and it ripped.

Do you have any words of wisdom? Have fun, but don’t skip class. And don’t waste your time in college.