Annual car show brings variety and fun

Downtown Main Street was home to classic and modern car marvels this past Saturday afternoon.”

Bowling Green’s 8th annual Classics on Main displayed a variety of different cars ranging from age, era, type and style. Downtown was also graced with a fun and friendly environment.

‘The atmosphere of the show is very relaxed and fun,’ said Dan DuVall, a resident of Bowling Green. ‘I love the overall mood of the show. The music and the vendors that accompanied the cars are perfect. It’s a great way to spend a Saturday.’

Most of the automobiles were from earlier eras and possessed their own sense of style and personality. The classics ranged from American muscle, domestic pre and post war, European imports and various customs. There were quite a few vintage Mustangs and Chevelles that held presence at the show, along with a few original Ford Model-T’s and a handful of Hot Rods.

A large number of residents and visitors alike love to come and view the cars, eat the food and enjoy the show. Jeff Newcomb is a resident of Toledo and owns a 1967 Ford Mustang Sport Coupe and loves coming to Classics on Main every year.

‘There’s nothing like the classics,’ said Newcomb. ‘I can admire fellow enthusiasts’ cars while enjoying the sights and sounds around me. It’s just a great atmosphere,’

The event was accompanied by a series of radio stations broadcasting music, along with an assortment of different food vendors and local restaurants. One could not help but feel carefree and relaxed with the state of events. Dave Reece, who was sporting a classic 1920’s Ford Roadster, felt the same way.

‘The vibe of the show really sits well with you,’ said Reece. ‘It’s just a blast.’