What to watch this month: Streaming in February

What to watch – Graphic by Brionna Scebbi

A new month means new movies to watch. With that said, here are 5 movies coming out in February.

‘Tom and Jerry’

Streaming on: HBO Max

Yes, that Tom and Jerry. The long-running animated series has been picked up as the plot of a live action interpretation, directed by Tim Story. With stars such as Colin Jost and Chloë Grace Moretz, it’ll be interesting to see if they are all capable of pulling it off. The movie can be streamed on HBO Max on Feb. 26.

‘Judas and the Black Messiah’

Streaming on: HBO Max

“Judas and the Black Messiah” releases on Feb. 12. Directed by Shaka King and starring Daniel Kaluuya of “Get Out” fame, “Judas and the Black Messiah” is a true story about William O’Neal, played by LaKeith Stanfield, who attempts to infiltrate the Black Panther party to gain information about Fred Hampton, played by the aforementioned Kaluuya.

‘The United States vs. Billie Holiday’

Streaming on: Hulu

Another film based on a true story, “The United States vs. Billie Holiday” tells the story of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics launching an undercover operation toward singer Billie Holiday, played by Andra Day. The film is directed by Lee Daniels and can be streamed on Hulu starting Feb. 25.

‘To All The Boys: Always and Forever’

Streaming on: Netflix

Now on it’s third movie, this Netflix original series turns to the next chapter on Feb. 12. Starring Lana Condor as Lara Jean and directed by Michael Fimognari, it will be interesting to see if this movie can maintain the amount of hype generated by the first two movies.

‘Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry’

Streaming on: Apple TV+

The only documentary on this list, “Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry” explores the rising star that is Billie Eilish, and looks at her career thus far. The film is being released on Apple TV+ on Feb. 25.