CD Review – Huge World Project

Bowling Green-based band Huge World Project has created a unique atmosphere and style for their first full-length effort, The Breakup Album.

The Breakup Album is an achievement among current rock and roll albums. Recent rock albums that have striven to be this fun and interesting are falling flat and becoming a memory of the past.

Huge World Project’s The Breakup Album will not be forgotten after it is listened to. The album manages to successfully combine many different styles of music in a way that creates a unique vision of what rock music should be.

The band combines influences of classic rock, reggae and jazz, and fuses it with their own approach to music.

Huge World Project has the intensity of bands like Led Zeppelin and the fun spirit of groups like Blind Melon. Not often does a band handle a variety of styles and influences so well.

The band includes Tony Papa on vocals and guitar, Mohom on bass and Elijah Vasquez on vocals and drums. Papa, Mohom and Vasquez have a unique musical talent, because they can appeal to different kinds of music fans.

The songs manage to be diverse in style, yet still fit together under the same album. Throughout the entire album, Huge World Project gives each song its own feeling and energy.

Word of the new album is spreading, and local stores – such as Mad Hatter – are carrying The Breakup Album.

Rock fans will appreciate Huge World Project’s latest effort because it successfully combines many styles of rock, while remaining original and fun.

– Mike Robinson