Why Anderson Arena anymore?

How much a month would it cost to rent Anderson Arena, Mr. Krebs?

I figure if all the rumors are true that the basketball programs may move to move into a brand new complex on the south side of Doyt Perry Stadium in the next couple years, I could stick around Bowling Green for a little longer, and my roommates and I could make Anderson Arena our ultimate bachelor pad. Maybe the Sideline Squad could move in with us as well. It is rather spacious.

We could work out deals so I’ll go out of town during volleyball and gymnastics functions, and I’ll rid the new composite floor of week-old pizza boxes for other University functions. I pay $168.75 a month at Greenbriar, but I’ll go up to $250 plus electric if you’re willing. Do we have a deal?

If we do, that would be great. Maybe “MTV Cribs” could come to the place, and I’d show them. It’s a shame and all that the basketball team might be leaving. After all, Anderson is considered the best arena to play at in the Mid-American Conference. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an arena with such a home-team advantage like Anderson. It seems after every game, opposing players talk about how hard it is to play here during the press conference. I’m sure the new arena would be exactly the same way. At least I think it would. What would happen if it wasn’t?

What if the new ‘House that Roared’ only meowed? If you built it too big, it could happen. I’ve been to a couple of games at the Convo down at Ohio University. They could fill 8,000 people in their Arena, and it would still look like a small crowd for the 13,000 seat place. I would be totally satisfied with my 5,000 seat apartment. I think I would put my bed right where Anthony Stacey hit the shot to set the BG scoring record. Or maybe where Keith McLeod hit the game-winning three-pointer to beat Michigan. I love a place with history.

Its location would be great, right in the heart of campus. I could watch all the campus students walk past Anderson Arena for their near mile-long hike to the new arena in that cold Bowling Green winter. The alumni would have a place to park, though.

I’m sure the new arena would help recruiting, much better than old, rickety Anderson. How could you market Anderson Arena to a recruit? It’s only one of the greatest spectacles in college basketball when the crowd goes wild and the Sideline Squad is doing cartwheels next to opposing players. Why wouldn’t a kid out of high school want to play at a place that is considered as the best place to play in the MAC?

Man, I would love to call Anderson Arena my home. I consider it one of the greatest diamonds in the rough. I hope you feel the same way because Anderson Arena without basketball would be heartbreaking loss for many of us who never want to see it go.