Ways to making your life a success

I once asked myself, why is it that some people achieve success in life, while others end up as failures? Why is it that some make excellent GPA’s from college but still end up as under-achievers in life? I decided to find out how successful people attain their feats.

My research revealed that successful people apply certain principles called “The Laws Of Success.”

What is success?

“Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day, while failure is simply a few errors in judgment, repeated every day. It is the accumulative weight of our disciplines and our judgments that leads us to either fortune or failure.” – Jim Rohn (American Motivational Speaker).

What are the laws of success? Laws of success are certain principles or ways of life which when applied by anyone will definitely result into success. These laws are like the law of gravity; they will affect you whether you believe in it or haven’t heard about it. One of the best things you could do to yourself is to live your life in conformity with these laws. I’d like to state that I didn’t invent them; I simply did research on how achievers attain Greatness in life. Below are some of these laws.

No. 1 Law of Goal ” Setting: This law states that, for you to be successful in your chosen field, you need to have a Goal in life. A goal is a dream with a deadline. It is also a stated mission with a specific time frame. Goals are stepping stones to actualize your dreams. Anyone seeking success in life ought to have daily/weekly/monthly goals, health goals, family goals, financial goals, spiritual goals, career goals, etc; clearly written down. It is said that less than 3 percent of the world’s population have their goals written down; that is why this 3 percent control the remaining 97 percent of the world’s population and resources. A life without a written goal is synonymous to a person booking an air reservation ticket without stating his/her destination, or a basketball match without the basket, or a moving car without a steering wheel. Living a life without a goal is like driving down the highway of life with your hands off the wheel. Merely sitting down and writing down your goals in life will push you to the top 3 percent of the world’s population. Thomas Edison (founder of General Electric) was once asked how he attained his greatness. He said, “Many people think I’m a genius; I’m not. The difference between me and any other folk on the street is that I think of only one thing all my life (inventions), while others are pre-occupied with many irrelevant things.” It’s therefore advisable for anyone who wants to be successful in life to focus more on how to attain that goal.

No. 2. Law of Time Management: The greatest asset anyone has in life is time. Time management is the central skill of success. Your ability to manage your time, to focus and channel your energies on your highest-value tasks, will determine your rewards and your level of accomplishment in life more than any other factor. Bill Gates has got only 24 hours a day, so does every other person. The difference is basically how these 24 hours are spent. One good way to improve your time management is to draw up a list of all you want to do everyday with the amount of time you intend spending on it.

In conclusion, if you want to be a big success in any area, find out what other successful people in that area are doing and do the same things until you get the same results. A study (by Brian Tracy) of interviews, speeches, biographies and autobiographies of successful men and women, showed that they all had one quality in common: they were all described as being extremely well organized. They used their time very, very well. They were highly productive and they got vastly more done in the same period of time than the average person. I’ll continue on the laws of success next week.