Pisanello’s local favorite

Being in the Guinness Book of World Records isn?t an everyday occurrence, but Bowling Green sits in its archives as having the most pizza places per capita, or in other words, the most pizza places for the amount of people that live here.

As recognized by Guinness, there are plenty of pizza places to choose from, but Pisanello?s Pizza keeps climbing to the top of the list in Bowling Green.

Located at 203 N. Main St. across from Uptown and Howard?s, Pisanello?s Pizza has been in the Bowling Green area since 1964 owned and run by the same family. According to Miranda Liss, manager at Pisanello?s, they became such a popular place because of the variety and quality of their product and their customer service.

?We try to make a good product at a good price,? Liss said. ?We aren?t out there trying to cut our costs so low like some other places. We rely on our customer service and try to make good food.?

Every year the BG Sentinel Tribune has a voting for the best pizza place in town, the results came out last week. Pisanello?s again took home the honor of best pizza in Bowling Green for the 10th straight year.

Bowling Green has plenty of places to eat pizza but none like Pisanello?s, according to seniors at the University, Kelly Karaffa and Sarah Antinone, no other pizza place will do.

?When we order pizza, we always order it from Pisanello?s Pizza,? Karaffa said. ?It?s a really good pizza at a really good price.?

College students may not have all the money in the world so we shop around for the cheapest deals. Some might think that being a family owned business and not a big chain, that Pisanello?s Pizza is a little too pricey for their pocketbooks, but this is not the case. Pisanello?s has some of the best deals in town.

?It?s great, we can get a small personal pizza and breadsticks for like $4,? Karaffa said. ?They have pretty good prices.?

If having the best quality pizza at an affordable price isn?t enough for some students then there is another reason. Pisanello?s is in the downtown area, and in the downtown area are the nightclubs and bars. The bars are open until two in the morning and so is Pisanello?s Pizza.

Walking home from the bars on a late Friday and Saturday night can be a hungering experience and people want food. There are few choices in Bowling Green that stay open with the clubs, but Pisanello?s is one of the few that knows kids get hungry after a night of spirits and dancing.

?We are open until midnight Monday thru Thursday and Friday and Saturday we are open until 2a.m.,? Liss said. ?We get quite a lot of business on Friday and Saturday all the way until 2 a.m.?

Pisanello?s offers quality food, good prices, free delivery, good customer service and extended hours of operation.

?People should come to Pisanello?s,? Liss said. ?We think everybody should try it once, because we are good.?