Change is essential to succeeding in life

There was a native tribe in South America who had been dying prematurely from a strange sickness for many generations.

Scientists were sent in to find out the cause of the strange malady. It was finally discovered that the disease was caused by the bite of an insect, which lives in the walls of their homes. The natives had four options; first, they can destroy the insects with insecticides; second option, they can destroy and rebuild their homes; third option, they can move to another location where there are no such insects, and final option was that they could continue to live at the same place and die early, as they had been doing for generations. The saddest thing is that they chose to remain as they were and died early. What an unwise decision someone might say, but it is quite unfortunate that most people today are living their lives the same way. Many fear change and would rather prefer to stay in their perceived comfort zone.

Change is mentally conditioning yourself for the success you want to achieve in your personal and professional life. Change can be described as the act of transitioning. It is the ability to flex one’s strategy in other to achieve a goal. Change is uncomfortable. But change is inevitable if you desire to achieve your goals and dreams.

There are too many safety experts in this world; these are people who are afraid to do anything till they are sure of a perfect result. These kind of people hardly grow because they disdain risk (greatest factor for growth). One has to face the challenges in this world with boldness and surely unseen forces will come to one’s aid. If you are waiting for a favorable coast before moving your ship in life, your ship may just be stuck in the harbor forever.

Respect the old, honor the old, learn the old, but never, ever repeat the old. Dare to be different, creative and unique in everything you do.

Time changes, culture changes, technology changes, wise people change, unwise people disdain changes, hence they end up like the dinosaur.

A study was done at Harvard University a few years ago, and three predictions were made.

First, it was predicted that in the coming year, there would be more changes than ever before. Second prediction was that in the coming year there would more competition than ever before. Third prediction was that in the coming year, there would be more opportunities than ever before. It was concluded that those who do not adjust to the rapid rate of change, respond to the increase in competition or take advantage of the new opportunities available would be out of their jobs within two years.

A common factor in all international franchises is the ability to change to the culture, belief and value system in their new operating environment. The Chinese restaurant menu being served here in the U.S. is quite different from the Chinese restaurant menu being served in my country Nigeria, just as well as the menu being served in China.

The taste of KFC in U.K is quite different from the taste of KFC in the U.S. These instances buttress the fact that, in this global economy, you either change or become a victim of change.

As with most journeys, a guide can only take you so far, in the end each traveler must make the effort to get from one place to another. Always remember that in life you are the master of your fate, the architect of your destiny, the captain of your soul and the person behind the wheel of your life. If you want suc