Gardner’s late goal gives Falcons fourth straight win in 3-2 victory over EMU

Jack Walsh
Gardner celebrating with teammate after a game-winning goal

The Falcons returned to Cochrane Stadium to host Eastern Michigan on Sunday afternoon, looking to remain unbeaten in Mid-American Conference play and extend their unbeaten streak to six games.

The match had five goals and three different lead changes.

Freshman defender Taylor Green opened up the scoring early in the 3’, getting on the end of a corner kick delivered by senior forward Ellie Pool.

The Eagles would only register two shots in the first half but would score on both.

Olivia Sipsock would equalize for EMU in the 29’ with a long-range blast that found the back of the net.

Eastern Michigan would take the lead right before halftime, Meagan Lukowski scored off a counter-attack to make it 2-1 in favor of the Eagles in the 42’.

After receiving a yellow card for dissent in the 62,’ Eagles head coach Scott Hall would be dismissed late into the game in the 82,’ by being shown a red card.  

The Orange and Brown would respond in the second half, Pool would get her fourth goal of the season in the 61’, tying the game up at 2-2.

In-form Sophomore Forward Brynn Gardner would score late, tapping home a cross from freshman forward Lizzie Bultynck in the 88’ to secure the Falcons the victory and three points.

The Orange and Brown outshot the Eagles on the afternoon 24-8, and 13-5 on target.

With this win, Bowling Green extends their winning streak to four in a row, now unbeaten in six.

The Falcons sit in first place in the MAC with a (5-0-1) record, 7-4-1 overall.

Next up, BG will host Kent State at Cochrane Stadium on Thursday, October 12th, for their seventh conference game of the season. Kick-off for the match is set for 7 p.m.

For more information related to the team, follow us on X at @bg_fmsn.