BGSU extends baseball head coach Kyle Hallock

Hallock’s contract now runs through the 2029 season
Drake Harlett
Bowling Green, OH – The Falcons defeated the Bobcats 14-5, Friday afternoon at Steller Field in Bowling Green, Ohio

Bowling Green State University announced a contract extension for baseball head coach Kyle Hallock on Wednesday afternoon.

In addition to a two-year contract extension before last season, Hallock’s contract runs through June 30, 2029.

“What Head Coach Kyle Hallock has done at BGSU in the last four years is one of the greatest stories in college baseball today. It is one thing to build a program when the mission and vision are clear; however, it takes great grit and determination to rebuild a program from the ashes,” BGSU Director of Athletics Derek van der Merwe said. “Coach Hallock has exceeded all expectations with his conference championship this year. Not only is he an exceptional coach, he is an outstanding role model to his team, my staff, this program, and to our campus of what is possible at BGSU. It is a great honor to provide him with this extension and to see where he takes Falcon baseball.

Hallock is the reigning Mid-American Conference (MAC) Coach of the Year following a record-breaking 2024 season in which the Falcons won a program-best 24 conference games.

The Sandusky, Ohio, native has led the Orange and Brown for the past four seasons, taking over the program in 2021 after it was briefly cut during the pandemic.

“I am very proud to be the head baseball coach at Bowling Green State University. I want to thank President Rodney Rogers and Director of Athletics Derek van der Merwe for believing in and committing to the vision of our baseball program here at BGSU. Their support is essential for this program to grow, and I look forward to actualizing the potential of Bowling Green State University Baseball,” Hallock said. “I would also like to recognize our players and thank them for sticking together to create an unrivaled allegiance to BGSU Baseball. The landscape in college athletics has changed over the past four years, but their loyalty to what we are creating is nothing short of being elite. Together, we have worked extremely hard to build a successful program on the field, in the classroom and in our community of Bowling Green. We look forward to continuing our championship tradition with the unconditional support of our university, athletic department and alumni base.”

Along with Hallock, Assistant Coach and Recruiting Director Matt Rembielak, Assistant Coach Joey Gamache and Assistant Coach Joey Cooper are all included in the extension.

“We are very fortunate to keep coaches Matt Rembielak, Joey Gamache and Joey Cooper on our staff,” Hallock said. “We are very proud of what we have been able to accomplish together.”