Bowling Green Football transfers headlined by all-MAC selection

Jaylin Huskey making a tackle
Drake Harlett
Jaylin Huskey making a tackle

The NCAA Transfer Portal officially opened as of 6 a.m. on December 4, and we’ve already seen multiple Falcons hop into the portal in search of bigger and better things. 

The list is headlined by first team all-MAC selection Jalen Huskey.  

The sophomore cornerback from Frederick, Maryland finished top 20 in the nation in interceptions (4), and third on the Falcons with 52 tackles. He’s the second member of the BGSU secondary to go into the transfer portal.  

Cornerback Deshawn Jones Jr. 

The first Falcon to officially jump into the transfer portal, the Junior from Akron, OH appeared in 34 games for Bowling Green over the last three seasons, totaling 70 tackles (56 solo), six interceptions with one returned for a touchdown (Georgia Tech, 2023), and 11 pass deflections.  

Quarterback Hayden Timosciek 

After transferring in as a preferred walk-on from Purdue, the 6-8 Timosciek hovered between QB3 and QB4 for most of the season, filling in for an injured Camden Orth for the entire second half of Bowling Green’s game vs Michigan. He completed six of his 10 pass attempts against the Wolverines, also throwing two interceptions.  

Per his X (formerly Twitter) account, he plans to play tight end in the future. 

This is a developing story.