BGSU football fills coaching vacancy with familiar face

BGSU Athletics

Bowling Green’s remaining coaching vacancy has been filled swiftly, as Scot Loeffler announced on June 5 that Robert Armand will be joining his staff as cornerbacks coach. 

Armand fills a void left by Beyah Rasool, who left to join Billy Napier’s staff at the University of Florida as a defensive analyst and cornerbacks coach. 

Armand spent three seasons (2019-21) as a part of Loeffler’s staff as a quality control coach and grad assistant, earning his master’s degree in business administration in 2021. 

“I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity to come back to a place where I started my coaching career,” said Armand via press release. “Coach Loeffler has completely reshaped this program from when I started in 2019 and I’m excited I get to be a part of the continuing effort to push this program to the top of the MAC.”

He was then hired by Vanderbilt, where he spent the 2022 and 2023 seasons as a defensive quality control coach specializing in defensive backs. 

The University of Maine last hired him in March to be their outside linebackers coach.