Netflix shows to catch up on during your time off

Netflix+3%2F4
    Netflix 3/4

Semester classwork keeps students busy during the year, so any break from school is an opportunity to catch up on everything the world of entertainment television has to offer. Here are the top choices from Netflix to be the subject of your spring break binge. 

“Avatar: The Last Airbender” — Fans of the original 2005 animated Nickelodeon series “Avatar: The Last Airbender” should tune into the live action remake produced by Netflix and released on February 22. Like the original, the live action remake follows the journey the Avatar Aang and his friends Katara and Sokka must take to master all four elements in hopes of stopping Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation’s tyrannical worldwide reign. All of Season 1 is available to stream with talks of a second season in the works. 

“Love is Blind” — Whether you’re a newbie to reality television or this isn’t your first rodeo, Netflix’s new season of their reality dating show “Love is Blind” is definitely worth your watch. The show places contestants looking for non-superficial love into pods to get to know each other without ever seeing each other’s faces in hopes of falling in love and getting married at the end of the experiment. The first episode of Season 6 was released on February 14, and the last episode of the season will air March 6. 

“Young Sheldon” — Spinoff shows are all the rage these days, and no show’s spinoff has been more well received than that of “The Big Bang Theory.” “Young Sheldon” follows “Big Bang” protagonist, genius scientist Sheldon Cooper, through his childhood growing up in the heart of Texas with his slightly dysfunctional but loving family, tackling issues of friendship, faith and his uncertain future. Season 6 joined seasons 1-5 on Netflix on February 1 just ahead of Season 7’s premiere on CBS on February 15.  

“Girls5eva” — Musicals have been a trend in television lately, so when Peacock decided to cancel their massively popular musical comedy “Girls5eva” after two seasons, it was a no-brainer for Netflix to pick up production for Season 3. The show follows a 2000s girl group trying to reclaim meaning in their unfulfilling lives and music careers after being labeled a one-hit wonder by fans and critics alike. All three seasons of the show, including the new Season 3, will arrive on Netflix on March 14. 

“Young Royals” — All’s fair in love and royalty, especially at a prestigious boarding school. “Young Royals” is a teen romance drama that follows the journey of Swedish Prince Wilhelm as he navigates a treacherous and forbidden romance with fellow student Simon Eriksson. Their on again, off again relationship has kept viewers on the edge of their seats, and the long awaited third and final season will finally answer the “will they, won’t they” with episodes 1-5 being released March 11 on Netflix and the finale the following week.