BGSU men’s soccer releases 2024 regular season schedule

Jack Walsh

Bowling Green men’s soccer and head coach Eric Nichols has revealed the 17-game schedule for the Falcons for the 2024 season. Eight home matches at Cochrane Stadium and nine away games, with five home games on Friday nights and one on Saturday nights.

SCHEDULE:

BGSU Men’s Soccer 2024 Schedule

For the second straight season, The Falcons will open up at home, taking on rivals Wright State in the battle of the I-75 Cup on Friday, August 23rd at Cochrane.

The team will then have a three-match road stretch with two of the games against Big Ten opponents Michigan State and Michigan, with a trip to IUPUI sandwich in-between.

The Orange and Brown will begin Missouri Valley Conference action at Cochrane against Northern Illinois, the team that eliminated BGSU in the MVC Tournament last season at home, on Friday, September 13th.

On the road, Bowling Green will face Bradley, UIC, Missouri State and Evansville in MVC play. Along with NIU, the Falcons play fellow conference foes Belmont, Drake, and Western Michigan at home. The game against the Broncos, who won the 2024 MVC regular season and tournament will be BG’s home regular season finale.

The Falcons will end the regular season traveling cross country to Oregon, to take on the Oregon State Beavers, a team that made it to the 2023 NCAA College Cup semifinals.

Three of the final four regular-season games come against teams who were in the top 25 of the RPI in the 2023 season. MVC opponents Missouri State finished 23rd, Western Michigan placed sixth, and Oregon State finished fourth in the country.

The Orange and Brown finished last season 7-8-3 overall and posted a 4-4-0 MVC record in their first season in the Missouri Valley, finishing fourth place.

For more news related to BGSU Men’s Soccer and Athletics, follow Falcon Media Sports Network on X (@bg_fmsn).