Foles’ ties single-game touchdown record

Week 9 of the National Football League had some unique scenarios this past weekend.

An overtime game that ended in a safety, a seven-touchdown performance, a 21-point comeback by the Seahawks and the Patriots scoring 55 points versus the Steelers. Looking deeper into Week 9, we’ll note some standouts throughout the league. Tom Brady and Nick Foles were the passing leaders of the week. Brady exploited the Steelers defense, throwing for 432 yards and four touchdowns. Foles, who has yet to throw an interception this year, tied an NFL record seven passing touchdowns vs. the Raiders.

Titans’ Chris Johnson was past overdue for a good game. Johnson rushed for a season high 150 yards and two touchdowns versus the Rams.

The last two players with standout fantasy numbers in Week 9 include Texans’ Andre Johnson and Eagles’ Riley Cooper. Johnson had nine receptions for 229 yards and his first three touchdowns of the season. Cooper had 139 receiving yards and three of Foles’ seven touchdowns this past weekend.

Getting into Week 10 of fantasy football, we will talk about the three sleepers that we expect to have big statistical weeks. Instead of selecting the obvious players to start, we will take a look at three rookies who are having exceptional seasons.

First, we have Rams running back Zac Stacy who has been producing well since earning the starting job. Stacy has proved that he is a physical runner who can get yards after contact. The past two weeks he has reached 26 and 27 carries while still maintaining more than 4.5 yards per carry in both games. Stacy looks to keep his positive momentum going this week versus the Colts.

Packers running back Eddie Lacy has received more than 20 carries every week since Week 3. The Alabama alum has run for a rushing touchdown each of the past three weeks and with Aaron Rodgers going down this week versus the Bears, look for Lacy to have another big week against the Eagles.

Last on our list of sleepers is Chargers wide out Keenan Allen. Last week Allen had eight receptions for 128 yards and one touchdown against the Redskins. Allen has had a receiving touchdown in three out of the past four games as well.

The next players we suggest to sit for Week 10 are all past NFL Pro Bowl players. Though these players have proven themselves in the past, we notice that they are in a deep slump going into week 10. First on our list is Ravens running back Ray Rice. So far this season, Rice is averaging just 2.7 yards per carry with three touchdowns. Rice also has yet to rush for 75 yards in a game this season and has not scored a touchdown since Week 5.

Next on our list is Vikings wide out Greg Jennings. After Week 4 it looked like Jennings was getting out of his slump, but since his two touchdowns and 92-yard performance against the Steelers, he has yet to have another receiving touchdown this season. The Vikings have also had three quarterbacks take snaps under center this season.