UPDATE: Bowling Green police search for diamond thieves

The Bowling Green Police Division is looking for four suspects involved in the theft of a $5,000 diamond from Waddington Jewelers located on South Main Street.
The suspects, a team of two men and two women, entered the store around 9:45 a.m. on Wednesday, said Maj. Tony Hetrick, deputy chief of the police.
“They came in as normal customers,” Hetrick said. “A few walked around and distracted clerks while the one male reached behind the counter and stole the diamond.”
They are also believed to be involved in another theft in the Perrysburg area, he said.
Police are still trying to identify the suspects and ask anyone with information regarding the suspects to contact them.

Original Article posted Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013 at 7:08 p.m.

The theft occurred on Wednesday by a team of two men and two women, according to a press release.

They are also believed to be involved in another theft in the Perrysburg area, according to the release.

Police are asking for anyone with information regarding the suspects to contact them.