Jamaal Charles and Lacy lead running backs in week 14

With the National Football League winding down to the last three weeks of the season, it is imperative for players to step up for not only their team, but also their fantasy owners.

In Week 15 there were multiple players that stepped up to the task and excelled in their play this weekend.

Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles really set the tone for standout players in Week 15. Charles accumulated five total touchdowns, four that came on passes from Alex Smith. Smith also had an exceptional day throwing for 287 yards and five touchdowns, while throwing only three incompletions. The Chiefs are now 11-3, and clinched a playoff birth with a win this past weekend against the Oakland Raiders.

Rookie standout Eddie Lacy had another big game for the Green Bay Packers, including the game-winning touchdown this weekend against the Dallas Cowboys.

Lacy and the Packers rallied from a 23 point second half deficit to close creep up within a half game to the Lions and Bears in the NFC North division. Lacy had 141 yards on 21 carries, which gave him 1,028 yards on the season.

It looks like Lacy took the nagging serious when analysts said he was over weight and slow coming into the season. The Alabama alumnus is playing with a strong physical running style, which enables him to get yards after the first initial contact this season.

Another player that caught my eye this weekend was Matt Asiata, a second year running back out of the University of Utah. Asiata had 26 career touchdowns at Utah, and was itching to earn a start in the NFL.

This weekend he got his opportunity due to the injuries of Adrian Peterson and Toby Gerhart. Asiata made the most out of his first career start, rushing for three touchdowns and 51 yards.

Asiata wasn’t outrunning Eagles defenders, he was just determined. Asiata had just 3 carries prior to Sunday’s game. The undrafted free agent made the most out of his first real opportunity in the NFL.