Country band to perform at Checkers Pub on Saturday

Checkers Pub BG is hosting country act, The Brent Lowry Band for people to attend on Saturday night.

The show is from 10 p.m. to 2 p.m. with a cover charge of $5.

The country band is from Pemberville, Ohio, and is accustomed to playing at venues like fairs, festivals and other clubs in the northwest Ohio area, said Brent Lowry, vocalist and guitarist for the band.

Although the band does not normally play shows in college-based towns, Lowry said he hopes the crowd will be more diverse, with more students to attend.

“We don’t usually play shows like Checkers, we just wanted to try a new spot,” Lowry said. “We’re trying to get a lot of college students there.”

Lowry said performing in a college town like Bowling Green feels natural because it’s so close to Pemberville, which is about a 15-minute drive from the city.

“Bowling Green is closer to our hometown and I live pretty close to Bowling Green and it’s where I grew up,” Lowry said. “We haven’t played here for a while.”

For more information about the band and its upcoming shows, visit its Facebook page at Facebook.com/TheBrentLowryBand.