Bowling Green Hotspots Series: In 2 Art Studio

As college students, we often drown ourselves in schoolwork throughout each semester. Because of this, we tend to look forward to summer to have some extra free time and, most importantly, time to finally relax.

For me, nothing is more relaxing than creating art.

I crave the ability to completely lose my thoughts into a paintbrush. I become embodied within my art, and in that very moment, nothing else matters.

It’s such a free feeling when you’re able to create something of your own.

As crazy as it may sound, it is essentially my escape from everything that is happening in my life.

This past week I visited a wonderful place called In 2 Art Studio, which catered to my artistic hand and my need for relaxation.

In 2 Art Studio has a wall completely filled with a variety of different ceramic pieces, which range from $15 to $70, available for a “paint your own pottery” session.

So, if you’re as indecisive as I am, you may be standing at the wall for a while trying to decide on a ceramic piece to paint.

After choosing a ceramic piece and the colors you wish to paint it, the magic begins.

Music plays lightly in the background and all your focus is directed to your piece. The studio has a relaxing atmosphere for the customers, allowing art to become the center of it all.

Even if you’re not the most artistic person, the owner, artist and instructor Dawn Randall is there to provide you with any help you may need.

Randall is a licensed Ohio Visual Arts teacher and has her bachelor’s in education and her master’s in art education.

With that being said, I encourage you to relax while expressing your creativity at the studio.

In 2 Art Studio is located at 122 W. South Boundary Suite F in Perrysburg, Ohio. The hours of the studio range—see website for specific details.