Bowling Green stays alive

The Bowling Green State University Falcons (6-13 in the MAC) have ended their six game losing streak and kept their MAC Championship Tournament hopes alive as they upset the Ohio Bobcats (14-5) on Tuesday. Ohio has now lost two games in a row and have moved down to third in the MAC behind Toledo (16-3) and Kent State (15-4) with a game to go.

Daeqwon Plowden and Matiss Kulackovskis led the Falcons in their 80-77 win over the heavily favored Bobcats. The two had 18 points apiece, with Plowden dishing out 3 assists and coming down with 6 rebounds. Kulackovskis led Bowling Green in rebounding with 7.

Samari Curtis added 16 points, including two clutch free throws within the closing seconds to give the Falcons an 80-75 lead. Ben Vander Plas led the Bobcats in scoring with 25 points, while also adding 8 rebounds.

The Falcons are currently the 9th seed in the MAC. However, after upsetting the Bobcats, the Falcons are just a game back from Central Michigan (6-11). With a Chippewa loss to Akron (13-6) and a Falcon win on Friday over their rival Toledo, Bowling Green will be the 8th seed.

Here are all the other upcoming games from the last of the regular season.

Friday

Buffalo (13-5) at Kent State

Ball State (8-10) at Western Michigan (4-15)

Eastern Michigan (5-14) at Miami

Ohio at Northern Illinois (5-14)