Patricia Holt swings herself into BGSU record book

Golf
Golf

A historical finish has Patricia Holt embedded in BG women’s golf history.

A senior on the women’s golf team, Holt’s final meet was the Mid-American Conference Championships this weekend.

She shot a 77 on day one before finishing the tournament by shooting 75 on both Saturday and Sunday. Her final score of 227 — 11 over par — pushed her into second place in the 50-person field.

Holt’s score became the highest ever individual finish by a BGSU women’s golfer at the MAC Championship tournament.

“It’s really an incredible feeling. Coming to Bowling Green, I really wanted to make an impact on the program, and being able to set a record for the best finish at a MAC Championship in my last tournament as a Falcon was just really special to me,” Holt said. “I’m so happy it all came together this tournament. I have so many people to thank for making my time here really wonderful and it was awesome to finish on a high note.”

Holt also earned MAC All-Tournament Team honors with her second place finish.

She finished tied for fourth with a par 3 scoring average of 3.08 and seventh overall with an even score of 5.00 on par 5’s. She finished second with 35 total pars and fourth with five birdies.

“Incredible finish for Patricia Holt, it encapsulates her career,” said head coach Stephanie Young. “Consistency all three rounds, she stayed focused on her goals and she’s one of the hardest workers I’ve ever seen.”

“I couldn’t have written up the story any better,” she added

Holt helped pace the Falcons to a seventh-place overall finish with a team score of 956 — 92 over par — and their lowest finish at the MAC Women’s Golf Championships in program history.

Shelby Wilson — also a senior — finished in a five-way tie for 11th-place with a 235 total score. Wilson also led the entire field with nine birdies.

Sophomore Mikayla Baer alongside juniors Lily Bartell and Hannah Lewis helped round out the Falcons’ lineup.

Bartell finished tied for 33rd with a 54-round score of 247, Baer tied for 38th with a 250 and Lewis tied for 44th with a 254.

The team finished second for the tournament with a 3.28 par 3 scoring average and third in birdies with 19.

*Editors note: Patricia Holt’s quote was acquired by Cameron Teague Robinson after the conclusion of the meet.