Bright, bold fashions return to campus

The spring weather has brought an influx of bright ensembles being rocked throughout campus.

As the high fashion spring collections of designers Jason Wu, Balenciaga and Versace were released in Vogue last week, students’ ensembles mimic the fresh trends.

A fresh take on layers this season includes the always professional blazer. Blazers are perfect for early spring and the capricious temperatures of Olscamp hall, offering an outer layer of thin fabric. Charlotte Russe’ spring collection of outerwear includes a handful of new and reasonably priced knit blazers.

One of the more popular spring trends seen on campus are head-wraps and turbans. As opposed to the traditionally worn headband, wraps and turbans are worn over the hair and forehead for a vintage-chic look. Chain link bands and thicker wraps in spring colors turn any outfit from sweet to swag. To join the head wrap trend, check out designer Dana Gallenter of DanaBands.com. Dana offers an array of spring fabrics and chain link bands, just in time for Valentine’s Day gifts. Still suffering from the college budget blues? Dana offers college students a 15% discount by using the code: “Valentine15” at checkout. Stay fashionable, falcons!